Saturday, January 28, 2012

The Iron King By Julie kagawa (Last review of the night)



The Iron King (Iron Fey, #1)The Iron King by Julie Kagawa

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Summary: Meghan Chase is a geeky pig farmer's step daughter. Her real father disappeared before her eyes when she was just six years old. Ever since she has always felt off and has only managed to have one friend. Her best friend Robbie forever the prankster has a few secrets that he will have to let Meghan in on because these secrets...Ultimately are about her. Meghan Chase is...The daughter of a faerie king. Between her best friend and the dark stranger who seems to be watching her from afar Meghan's life gets turned into a roller coaster of love and war. How far will she go to save those she loves and the very people who changed her life from a mysterious evil?



The Good: Julie Kagawa takes a different spin on the mythical fey that everyone has read about. The world she creates is fantastic and the characters have depth.Meghan is the average girl who shows she has a lot more to her than people seem to believe. Her best friend is a famous fey prankster who is easy to fall in love with as a character. Her love interest is a dark brooding fey who you can't help but admire. The twists and turns in this book kept me on my toes and I just couldn't put the book down till I had finished reading it. And even after that I went out and bought the rest of the series.



The Bad: *Sigh* I only have one complaint that I will not mention here. Because it gives the rest of the series away. It has to do with a certain favorite character of mine not getting the spotlight he deserves. But!!!! There was absolutely nothing wrong with this book.. Actually it's one of my favorite books that I reread constantly.



Overall Opinion: Fantastic book and series I suggest if you enjoy faeries and the idea of a new world (Fey world) then go out and buy this series... Seriously.. Go do it...Now. You couldn't get any better YA novels that portray the fey and their world such as this series has. This one is ultimately in my opinion..The best.







View all my reviews




******Other reviews coming soon******

No comments:

Post a Comment