Saturday, January 28, 2012

The Legacy of Kilkenny by Devyn Dawson

The Legacy of Kilkenny (The Legacy, #1)The Legacy of Kilkenny by Devyn Dawson

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Summary: Abel a boy who thought he was ordinary until he met Pru. Pru had a vision...A vision of Abel as the Great Wolf. Now it is up to Pru to convince and prepare Abel of his future role which includes...Killing him. Pru must make Abel's family believe he is dead so that he may fulfill his role as the Great Wolf. Now not only does Abel have the weight of being the future Alpha of all the packs he learns that not only are there werewolves but there are vampires...And one has a hold on his sister. As Abel struggles with his his sister he also struggles with the unrequited feelings for Pru who prefers her bodyguard Oakley. A prophecy, love triangle, and duty this novel has it all.



The good; This book is definitely not your average werewolf story. It's filled with love triangles, otherworldly creatures, death and prophecies. The characters were well thought out and they interacted as realistically as they could in a book like this. The love drama was not how I expected it to be. You think one thing will happen because it ends up that way in every other book with situations like this but instead it ends up opposite with an unexpected love interest twist. I never thought a book could escape what is expected and still leave the reader happy. This book basically revolves around abel but the author was able to do that and was able to include a good deal about the other characters. which less face it... You know you're dying to know what some of the others are thinking and in this book you get just that.





The Bad: I had few issues with this book but there are some things I would like to mention. First of all the book was a bit hard to get into. It started off slow but once you get past that it's pretty good. Second...Abel... I like his character but...I felt like he could have had more depth. He sort of just accepted everything. Once in a while he would do things against people's wishes but I mean...There's nothing really to him. He doesn't even try to fight for a few of the things he wants. He just accepts his role quickly and jumps right in. When it comes to the people he loves he takes certain risks... But that's it. When it comes to himself... There's just nothing really there..He doesn't start to really show any promise till the end of the book but by then I was annoyed with his character and felt more drawn to Pru and Oakley. I wanted to be drawn to this "Great Wolf" who is supposed to end up being head honcho but I just didn't feel it. I cared more about minor characters.



Overall Opinion Honestly this was a great book. I had issues with Abel's character and it was a tad slow in the beginning but this book was worth the read. If you like werewolves and vampires and other creatures then I suggest this book.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment