Sunday, February 12, 2012

Bloodlines Review

BloodlinesBloodlines by Richelle Mead

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


When alchemist Sydney is ordered into hiding to protect the life of Moroi princess Jill Dragomir, the last place she expects to be sent is a human private school in Palm Springs, California. But at their new school, the drama is only just beginning.



Populated with new faces as well as familiar ones, Bloodlines explores all the friendship, romance, battles and betrayals that made the #1 New York Times bestselling Vampire Academy series so addictive - this time in a part-vampire, part-human setting where the stakes are even higher and everyone's out for blood.- goodreads





I'd like to begin with explaining how much I dreaded reading this book. I am a Vampire Academy fan and i was scared that this book would ruin my ideas of the VA world and the people in it. Also I was afraid that I would be highly disappointed and would regret reading the book altogether. This ultimately made me postpone reading this book.






While reading this book I really didn't like the idea of Sydney being the main character. I really didn't take a liking to her in the VA series so I was skeptical. However I was proved wrong about her. Sydney grew on me and I like her better than Rose. I like that Sydney is strong but has normal everyday issues. She struggles constantly with things that are different from Rose who basically was a badass killing machine. Sydney is smart and she takes the time to think before she acts which is refreshing when reading a book like this. It's hard to have a character that is strong and smart without being too much of either. Sydney has her flaws and that makes her character appealing. I really enjoyed reading about her world that is connected to vampires but different. It gives you an idea how others think and view things.






The story line to this book was fantastic. It started off where The Last Sacrifice left off. In this spinoff series we are able to see how everything is after the initial series left off. The minor characters from the VA series are changed into Major characters and vise versa. This changes the perspective of everything that has happened and about how it changed other people's lives not just Rose's and Dimitri's. It was nice to learn about other people for a change.






This book was definitely worth reading and was just as good as the books from VA. If you like books about vampires and other paranormal things then I suggest you read this book. It even takes a new spin on the VA series and leaves you wanting more.







View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. You've been tagged! Head on over to http://myyathoughts.blogspot.com/2012/02/happy-valentines-day.html and play along :)

    ReplyDelete