Saturday, February 11, 2012

Meeting Destiny review/ Update.



Meeting Destiny (Destiny #1)Meeting Destiny by Nancy Straight

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Lauren is visited in her dreams for years by a stranger claiming to be her destiny. Destiny becomes reality when paths cross during a failed robbery attempt. Lauren and the stranger experience chemistry like no other and now her doubt over her long time relationship with her high school sweetheart is not her only secret . . .someone else knows about her keen intuition and sixth sense. A mysterious clairvoyant seeks Lauren out and tells her not only of her life now but what the future may hold. Soon Lauren is in the middle of a murder investigation and a questionable friendship with the key suspect. Law enforcement, friends and family are concerned for Lauren but unfortunately they are unaware of the true danger . . .Sinister forces are at work and will stop at nothing to destroy Lauren’s abilities. -Amazon





I really wanted to give this book five stars but really I could barely bring myself to give it the four star rating. It starts off exciting yet it gets to be quite confusing. It starts to become clearer as the book goes along but I felt like the author sort of just jumped right in and I was trying to puzzle out what was happening. Looking past that, I had an issue with the main character. I felt like the character had too much common sense to pursue her relationship the way she did. I get that you either have a connection with a person or you don't but this felt rushed. Despite these things I pushed through the book. There's just something about this book that made me keep reading even if it was only out of curiosity of what would happen next. Boy am I glad I continued to read. Lauren despite her leaping head first into relationships actually kept this book flowing. Usually I get bored with characters like her but somehow...It just worked. This book really surprised me. It seems to be centered around her and her destiny but right towards the end of the book the author puts a twist you would never believe and oh man did I have mixed feelings about it. One moment I was like "Gah! Right when I was starting to get a hang of this book you had to throw this at me!" Then the next I was thinking "I really want the next book just so I can find out what happens!". Then I was trying to decide how I accidently fell in love with a book that I hated at first. My reason for being iffy about giving it even the four star rating was...I hated this book from the start..But! When I finished the book I was able to go from hating it into loving it. This book has it's minor problems for me to where the characters and the relationships between them annoyed me to no end. I am not disappointed that I have read this book in the least. It just goes to show that some books, despite disliking them in the beginning, can turn into little gems. As a warning this book does take a little bit of patience to read but it is worth dragging through.




*****************Update*****************
So I have been slacking on my blogging. I didn't do a quote on friday or my tuesday introductions. Tuesday intros will start this week and I will be posting a quote along with it to make up for friday. I have been swamped with things to do and book reading and I am catching up slowly. I should be back on track this week. Another book review will be posted tomorrow or monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment