Saturday, February 25, 2012

Reviews. Stopping some things for now.

My Enchanted LifeMy Enchanted Life by Laura Eno

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


An American teen finds herself thrust into a world she never knew existed in England's magical community of Wode Gate. While dealing with gnomes, a cranky dragon, murder and mayhem, Emma tries to cope with her unwanted duties as Sentinel and fights to get back home again. She finds that things aren't always what they seem, people aren't who they pretend to be, and someone wants her dead. The king of the underworld wants her too, but he may be the least of her problems as Emma struggles to control her powers—while losing her heart to a demon.- Amazon



My Enchanted life by Laura Eno was a fantastic read. Eno did a good job taking creatures and things that others have written about and made a whole new world within the modern world. Her main character Emma is the typical teenage girl whose life gets turned upside down by the death of a family member she has never met. Some of the situation at first seems unreal like how quickly she just up and leaves things behind and how she fast she takes to living in such a magical area. Also she seems to fall in love pretty fast which is becoming a habit within the YA book community. Emma however, is a strong, loving, and fun character. She goes through every obstacle just how you would imagine someone in her situation would. She isn't over the top like some characters in other books can be. She is a truly believable character. And I throughly enjoyed reading about her.



The other characters in the book make for a good spin on this magical world. One of the characters was hard to dislike even though he was highly prejudiced. He was a great character to have in the book because it made the story seem more realistic and showed major points that actually happen in the world. Like people being mistreated or judged based on what they are. There was a lesson to be learned from this and it is a great lesson. Now back to this character; I actually liked him. I think he sincerely believed he was doing the right thing. He may have been misguided in his beliefs but he was hard not to like (Even if he was a jerk).



Emma's love interest to me was kind of rushed. Their relationship seemed to happen instantly and I felt like it was almost thrown in as a way to continue the story to the next step. I mean it flowed I just felt that her relationship could have been lengthened. Also I liked the other characters in the book over the guy that Emma falls for. I feel like we don't know enough about him to really like or dislike him.



This book was a fun read. I enjoyed myself and felt like I was reading a modern day fairytale. I recommend it for people who like to read YA and like books that have a fairytale vibe to it.



**********************************************************************************
So I was doing quotes and introductions. But it turns out that I just don't have the time for it right now. Things have been hectic and it's been getting hard to stay on track. I will of course continue the reviews but the other two things will be postponed till a time I can actually get them done. Sorry about that.

1 comment: